Tuesday 6 November 2007

Thrillers,Fantasies, Science Fiction, Historical Fiction, Satire, Humour, Comics, Adventure,Biographies and a lot more.......

If you are wondering what is the list of names under Enlightenment, Education and Entertainment is, then stop scratching your heads. Its the list of authors I like......

I have spent quite a bit of my life reading.

Time I spent laughing at the plight and antics of the characters from a P G Wodehouse novel.

Time I spent experiencing the vast range of emotions created by Jeffrey Archer, Vikram Chandra,Khushwant Singh, David Gregory Roberts, Erich Segal, Mario Puzo, Mark Haddon, Sheldon.

Time I spent feeling the adrenaline rush from Matthew Reilly, James Rollins, Alistair Maclean, Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child, Grisham, Jack Higgins,Frederick Forsyth, Ludlum, Tom Clancy, Nelson Demille thrillers.

Time I spent on the conspiracy thrillers of Dan Brown, Daniel Pearl.

Time I spent visiting the magical worlds created by Tolkein, Philip Pullman, Angie Sage, Jonathan Stroud, Rowling, Rick Riordan, Trudi Canavan, Eoin Colfer, Cornelia Funke, Paolini, Neal Stephenson.

Time I spent contemplating on life and its existence, thanks to Umberto Eco, Mitch Albom, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, J D Sallinger, Harper Lee.
Time I spent marvelling at the genius of Terry Pratchett, Tom Sharpe, Bill Waterson,Scott Adams who with their satire made me realise the vagaries of life.
Time I spent in the enchanting town of Malgudi, with R K Narayan alongside introducing me to a host of delightful characters.

Time I spent with Lance Armstrong, Richard Feyman, Anne Frank experiencing their struggles, anguish, joys.
Time I spent with the famous five, three investigators, the hardy brothers who had a way to get in to mysteries.
Time I spent in awe of the vision of Jules Verne or the brilliance of Saki, Mark Twain, Charles Dickens, Conan Doyle.


All the time I spent in the company of such illustrious people with a gift (a gift of writing), I have been enlightened, educated and not to forget entertained. And by no means the list on the right is a static one. There is still a lot more worlds to be explored in this literary universe and I hope to visit quite a few of them, if not all.


Also not to forget the innumerable Asterix, TinTin,Archies, Mickey Mouse,Hagar,Beetle Bailey, Dennis, Family Circus, Hi & Lois and a host of other comics which helped me to take my mind off the tensions of daily life.


I thank them all and their creators.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could also be a part of the world of prints tickling the senses !! Jus jumped into it and will be experiencing it soon :-)

Nicely described :-)