Monday 19 November 2007

Hair raising !!!

Hi People,

Its been some time since I bored you all....That's because I am bored here....
The weather is gloomy all day.....skies overcast and the temperature below 10 all the time...
Of course there is work but whoever said that work is a source of excitement and fun should get their head examined among other things.

So life is as exciting as watching golf on TV. Nothing much happening here to enthrall you guys/gals.

Diwali -visited the the Swami Narayan temple at Wembley. For all desis in London its a must. The temple is magnificent. There were videsis too in the queue for darshan. But they were there only for the fireworks display and someone had fooled them by saying the display will happen inside. They stood there with eager looks in their face and wondering how fireworks can be displayed inside(other than keeping them in boxes)(This also reminds of one time where we had set of chakras inside our living room which resulted in me burning my foot...but that's another story). The fireworks display (of course it was held outside...) was spectacular and made me home sick. I missed the smell of sulphur, the deafening sounds and the polluting smoke back home....

Played Tennis only to re-emphasis the fact that I am not young anymore to play wearing shorts in freezing cold and say its fun. The whole time I was shivering and produced some amazing spin shots thanks to my shivers. And don't ask about the body pains the next morning.Its better left unsaid.

The most important event was getting a hair cut, which I had not done for 6 months and it was a source of great joy to my roomies as they had been fed up seeing my unkempt head full of hair the first thing in the morning. On the brighter side they are not afraid of gorillas now, as they used to be earlier.

I went to a Pakistani hair dresser and while my hair was being cut, the people in the shop were discussing the one day series between India and Pak which we won. I was keeping my options open, whether to scream or to dash towards the door if they confronted me and vented their anger of loosing the series against me(I was even ready to agree that India being the hosts were wrong in winning as its against athithi dharma and why break a record of not winning a home series against Pak which has been standing for 24 years. Also you should never argue with people who use knife and scissors as tools of their profession). But they were thorough professionals and did a good job. I now look like a gorilla who recently got a hair cut.
Christmas preparations are at full swing here. The high street near my home is decorated with lights and a Christmas tree too has been installed !!.All shopping malls have come up with offers, sales and discounts to spread the festive cheer and take money from us in return. Festive cheer and happiness is now available in a mall near you...go get them before its out of stock....

Well thats it from me and if you have read this thing which I like to call creative writing (trash would be more accurate) till here then probably you are much bored than I am and don't have anything better to do....go find a better hobby....or watch paint drying on the wall...

No comments: