Monday 12 October 2009

Too lazy to find an appropriate title.......

Yes, I wasn't here for some time now. I know many of you would have missed me just like we missed Himesh Reshamiyya's voice all these days. But as you know, Himesh bhai is back with his new voice and lo am here too.

So the last time I made an appearance here I was in London, doing something which I had no clue of (for that matter nobody had and has even now), content in cooking for my room mates (yeah, I am an expert cook and my ex-room mates will vouch for it albeit with a wince) and looking for where my next opportunity to get in to a embarrassing situation would come from. In short it was idyllic.


But that's a story of the past. Lot of water has flown under the bridge of my life after that. For starters, I have aged one more year and have almost reached the age where young girls no longer offer to modify your facial anatomy with the application of the tool used to aid in ambulation when you stare lecherously at them (not that I am saying I am one). Now a days girls give me the same respect as they give to someone who is a senior citizen, which means basically none.

Apart from that, I am back in India doing the same old thing here again. If you are the unfortunate ones who had to read through my earlier posts, all my esteemed peers, whom I look up to are very much there, offering their insightful and unforgettable advice to me. Got promotion and before you have the thoughts of increased pay check let me tell you that I am getting less than what I used to get before promotion. The guys in the finance must have been smoking some pretty strong stuff when they were coming up with the pay structure. And I had to do some stuff and say some things which to all others seemed pretty rational and logical, but earned me sobriquets like 'attitude problem', 'changed a lot' from the powers above. Well let me just say that sometimes the environment becomes charged up with sparks flying all over like the faulty transformer near my home.

All these put me in such a state that I had lost my writing mojo and was trying to look for inspiration to continue my contribution to the literary world. Then two things happened..

The first one was the fruit of all the prayers of my well wishers (dunno if I can call them that). At last I seem to have made some headway in to getting a better half and can say that it might not be that long where I can reminisce about the good old bachelor days. Now if that's not an inspiration to come up with pageful of paeans to all things wonderful in life, then I dunno what else is. Added to that the fact that the lady in question suffered through all my previous posts and had enough consideration to say that she liked them and asked me to write more. I ask 'What else a budding writer can look for in his future soul mate?'. 'A better taste in literature ....' some of the cynical among you might say. But I don't care.

The other thing is that a famous blogger and a world celebrity, whose comments are quoted in leading newspapers all over the world deemed it fit to grace his eyes on my humble blog and graciously left a comment in my last post. Though the comment was for the video which I had linked rather than my writing skills, I am a contented man. For someone who had to ask (read it beg) his friends to read his blog, this is indeed a momentous occasion . This as they has added a spring in my step and I am more determined than before to write.

Though I will have to get all my posts vetted by the censorship board (OK, if you don't
understand this, you are still single) before hand and make sure I add a word of praise in each of them, I'll make sure you will still be regaled with all my experiences as I have more opportunities to make a complete fool of myself. You may ask am I not one now?, I feel there is still a lot of room for improvement and I am a staunch supporter of continual learning. Also the more experienced brethren whom I am gonna join will definitely agree with me, if they are permitted to do so ofcourse.....


No comments: